Surat - Diamond Manufacturing Hub of the World
- The Diamond Industry is one of the major Industries of the city.
- 3500-4000 Units Functional.
- Major share in world's Diamond Cutting and Polishing.
- 8 out of 10 diamonds in the world are processed in Surat.
- Highest workforce of the World Diamond Community is in Surat employing more than 1.5 million people.
- Surat accounts for more than 80% of total exports of Processed Diamonds from India.
- India's total Diamond Export Accounts to Rs. 94675 crores (Apr 12 – Mar 13), and Surat is the major contributor in that.
- Contribution of Diamond Industry in the total Foreign Exchange of India is 14%.
- Annual turnover of the business is 2 Trillion US $ (Rs. 2 Lacs Crores).
- Surat has a Special Economic Zone that houses a Diamond Park.
- People with good entrepreneurial skill.
- The upcoming Surat Diamond Bourse with 10,000+ diamond offices will provide an International Business platform.
Surat - "Finance Capital" of Vibrant State of "Gujarat"
- It is considered to be the 'Financial Capital' and the 'Growth Engine' of Gujarat.
- Surat is Gujarat's second largest city, one of the fastest growing business hubs in the country and a thriving commercial centre.
- Ranked 5th fastest growing city in the world.
- Tops GDP rate at 11.5%.
- India's 8th and Gujarat's 2nd largest city with a population of 4.5 million.
- Among the highest Income Tax paying cities in Asia in the year 2010-11, Surat contributed Rs. 22000 Million to National Exchequer.
- City with highest average Annual Household Income.
- 8% of youngest population is below 35 years.
- Has practically 0% unemployment.
- Then Chief Minister of Gujarat, now Prime Minister of India has proposed Surat to be a “Role model of E-City” and Solar City of Gujarat.
- CRISIL and ICRA have graded Surat at the top of the list as an Urban Civic Body on the Operating and Financial Efficiency.
- 3rd Cleanest City of India-INTACH.
- About Gujarat
- About Surat
- Accommodation & Transportation