Surat - Diamond Manufacturing Hub of the World
Surat is an important Diamond Processing Centre, which exports around 80% of the production and has more than 3,500 diamond processing units. It has around 10,000 diamond units located in and around the city. Annual turnover of the business is 2 Trillion US $ (Rs. 2 Lacs Crores).
- It is considered to be the 'Financial Capital' and the 'Growth Engine' of Gujarat.
- The Diamond Industry is one of the major industries of the city.
- Surat accounts for more than 80% of total exports of Processed Diamonds from India.
- 8 out of 10 diamonds in the world are processed in Surat.
- Surat has a Special Economic Zone that houses a Diamond Park.
- People with good entrepreneurial skill.
- The upcoming Surat Diamond Bourse with 10,000+ diamond offices will provide an international business platform.
- Surat is Gujarat's second largest city, one of the fastest growing business hubs in the country and a thriving commercial centre.